The Allstate Foundation’s Moving Ahead Through Financial Management curriculum is a comprehensive package of tools and information designed to empower survivors to understand and manage their finances. It is also used to educate and train advocates and Allstate volunteers to work with domestic violence survivors as they move forward on the path to financial security.
The curriculum includes the following components:
- Strategies for addressing the complex financial and safety challenges of ending a relationship with an abusive partner.
- Information on how to protect personal and financial safety in an abusive relationship and after leaving an abusive relationship.
- Tools to help people of all incomes and earning power work toward long-term financial empowerment; including budgeting tools, step-by-step planners and more.
- Tactics for locating and accessing local, state and national personal safety and financial resources.
- Methods for dealing with the misuse of financial records.
- Resources for working through the financial and safety challenges of identity change.
- The user-friendly curriculum is available in a variety of formats, including hard copy, Spanish-language and downloadable versions.
Download a copy of the Moving Ahead Through Financial Management curriculum.